Do you really believe what's in the bible?

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
What I do know is that in Acts it is not present and in fact goes against your teaching

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
What I do know is that in Acts it is not present and in fact goes against your teaching

In Acts the church in Rome is explicitly mentioned. Saint Paul goes there and is received there by the Church in that city.
(Acts 2:10) Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,
(Acts 18:2) And found a certain Jew named Aquila, born in Pontus, lately come from Italy, with his wife Priscilla; (because that Claudius had commanded all Jews to depart from Rome:) and came unto them.
(Acts 19:21) After these things were ended, Paul purposed in the spirit, when he had passed through Macedonia and Achaia, to go to Jerusalem, saying, After I have been there, I must also see Rome.
(Acts 23:11) And the night following the Lord stood by him, and said, Be of good cheer, Paul: for as thou hast testified of me in Jerusalem, so must thou bear witness also at Rome.
(Acts 28:14) Where we found brethren, and were desired to tarry with them seven days: and so we went toward Rome.
(Acts 28:16) And when we came to Rome, the centurion delivered the prisoners to the captain of the guard: but Paul was suffered to dwell by himself with a soldier that kept him.​
surely you know these verses?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
There are many doctrines presented in Christian groups that do not really come from holy scripture's statements because they come from a preconceived theological framework which is used to filter what the holy scriptures say which makes one wonder if the people advocating those doctrines believe the holy scriptures or if they believe the theological framework and then use the holy scriptures in ways that bolster their theology. Is that how you argue in CH saying "this is what the scriptures say" when in fact the holy scriptures do not say it?

Do you really expect anyone here to say they don't believe what is in the bible? :thinking:

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Do you really expect anyone here to say they don't believe what is in the bible? :thinking:

Who knows what the Holy Ghost will do. People's hearts can be opened by Him. Some people willingly open their heart. I pray for an open heart myself and for all with whom I communicate.

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I believe every word found in scripture. It reflect best in Yeshua.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Grief- you start the thread witha post about saying things as doctrine
When the bible says no such thing.
The you waffle on about the rcc based on things the scripture plainly does not say.
Its an absolute contradiction.
Your at war with your own conscience .just repent and leave that man made institution and follow the lord Jesus. You know you cant serve them both.

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Who knows what the Holy Ghost will do. People's hearts can be opened by Him. Some people willingly open their heart. I pray for an open heart myself and for all with whom I communicate.

I believe the Holy Spirit guards the Heart.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I believe the Holy Spirit guards the Heart.

Against wickedness yes but not against truth. His work is to open the mind and heart to the truth. Jesus is (among other things) the Truth.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
true and he will guide you into all truth biut of course that involves being able to hear him

pinacled

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Against wickedness yes but not against truth. His work is to open the mind and heart to the truth. Jesus is (among other things) the Truth.

Amen. and she has a name. Love and embrace her brother.

1On that day, this song shall be sung in the land of Judah: "The city that was our strength-salvation shall He place [for] walls and a bulwark. אבַּיּוֹם הַהוּא יוּשַׁר הַשִּׁיר הַזֶּה בְּאֶרֶץ יְהוּדָה עִיר עָז לָנוּ יְשׁוּעָה יָשִׁית חוֹמוֹת וָחֵל:
2Open the gates, so that a righteous nation, awaiting the realization [of God's promise], may enter.
בפִּתְחוּ שְׁעָרִים וְיָבֹא גוֹי צַדִּיק שֹׁמֵר אֱמֻנִים:
3The creature that relied, You shall guard, [that there be] peace, peace, for they trusted in You.
גיֵצֶר סָמוּךְ תִּצֹּר שָׁלוֹם | שָׁלוֹם כִּי בְךָ בָּטוּחַ:
4Trust in the Lord forever, for in Yah the Lord, is the Rock of eternity.
דבִּטְחוּ בַיהֹוָה עֲדֵי עַד כִּי בְּיָהּ יְהֹוָה צוּר עוֹלָמִים:
5For He humbled the inhabitants of the high places, the fortified city; He brings it low, he brings it low even to the earth, he makes it reach even to the dust.

Last edited:

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Amen. and she has a name. Love and embrace her brother.

1On that day, this song shall be sung in the land of Judah: "The city that was our strength-salvation shall He place [for] walls and a bulwark. אבַּיּוֹם הַהוּא יוּשַׁר הַשִּׁיר הַזֶּה בְּאֶרֶץ יְהוּדָה עִיר עָז לָנוּ יְשׁוּעָה יָשִׁית חוֹמוֹת וָחֵל:
2Open the gates, so that a righteous nation, awaiting the realization [of God's promise], may enter.
בפִּתְחוּ שְׁעָרִים וְיָבֹא גוֹי צַדִּיק שֹׁמֵר אֱמֻנִים:
3The creature that relied, You shall guard, [that there be] peace, peace, for they trusted in You.
גיֵצֶר סָמוּךְ תִּצֹּר שָׁלוֹם | שָׁלוֹם כִּי בְךָ בָּטוּחַ:
4Trust in the Lord forever, for in Yah the Lord, is the Rock of eternity.
דבִּטְחוּ בַיהֹוָה עֲדֵי עַד כִּי בְּיָהּ יְהֹוָה צוּר עוֹלָמִים:
5For He humbled the inhabitants of the high places, the fortified city; He brings it low, he brings it low even to the earth, he makes it reach even to the dust.

I do not recognise that passage, where is it from and what English translation is it from?

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Sounds good but I dont recognize it either

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Sounds good but I dont recognize it either

I think it may be from Isaiah 26.
A day is coming when the people will sing this song in the land of Judah: Our city is strong! God himself defends its walls! Open the city gates and let the faithful nation enter, the nation whose people do what is right. You, Jehovah, give perfect peace to those who keep their purpose firm and put their trust in you. Trust in Jehovah forever; he will always protect us. He has humbled those who were proud; he destroyed the strong city they lived in, and sent its walls crashing into the dust. Those who were oppressed walk over it now and trample it under their feet. Jehovah, you make the path smooth for good people; the road they travel is level. We follow your will and put our hope in you; you are all that we desire. At night I long for you with all my heart; when you judge the earth and its people, they will all learn what justice is. Even though you are kind to the wicked, they never learn to do what is right. Even here in a land of righteous people they still do wrong; they refuse to recognize your greatness. Your enemies do not know that you will punish them. Jehovah, put them to shame and let them suffer; let them suffer the punishment you have prepared. Show them how much you love your people. You will give us prosperity, Jehovah; everything that we achieve is the result of what you do. Jehovah our God, we have been ruled by others, but you alone are our Jehovah. Now they are dead and will not live again; their ghosts will not rise, for you have punished them and destroyed them. No one remembers them any more. Jehovah, you have made our nation grow, enlarging its territory on every side; and this has brought you honour. You punished your people, Jehovah, and in anguish they prayed to you. You, Jehovah, have made us cry out, as a woman in labour cries out in pain. We were in pain and agony, but we gave birth to nothing. We have won no victory for our land; we have accomplished nothing. (Isaiah 26:1-18)​

Top Bottom