Grooming

ValleyGal

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I have a Morkie puppy (7 months old). He is pure white except for a very light, barely noticeable creamier colour to his ears. Cute as all get-out, but he has discoloured tears that stain his fur on his face. I've tried a few different products (a few "natural" and one with boric acid), and nothing works. Does anyone have any suggestions for something that actually works>

Also, he hates it when I try to clean his eyes (or even when I try to trim his hair or wash his face in the bath, etc). He squirms and pulls away. How can I make him stay still, especially when I have the scissors to trim his face. I would hate to poke him with them.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I don't know anything about the staining but do you have the special pet grooming scissors for the face? I used to have a miniature schnauzer and would groom her and had some awesome scissors that were angled in a way so they wouldn't stab her if she jerked her face. I think I got my grooming kit on Amazon.

ValleyGal

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Thanks, Lamb, I'll check it out. I have scissors but they are normal ones. I didn't know you could get special ones. I have no idea how to use a clipper, so I need to figure that out, too. I want him to have longer hair, like 2 - 3 inches long, but I don't know how to cut it with scissors so I need a clipper. I'm going to try this, and if he looks like shredded spaghetti, I'll take him to a groomer and get them to fix my mistakes. lol. My pup is soooo cute, and such a great little guy! I am SO glad I have him - especially given the stressors in my life right now. He's like a little therapist. Having him is better than colouring even!

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I have a Morkie puppy (7 months old). He is pure white except for a very light, barely noticeable creamier colour to his ears. Cute as all get-out, but he has discoloured tears that stain his fur on his face. I've tried a few different products (a few "natural" and one with boric acid), and nothing works. Does anyone have any suggestions for something that actually works>

Also, he hates it when I try to clean his eyes (or even when I try to trim his hair or wash his face in the bath, etc). He squirms and pulls away. How can I make him stay still, especially when I have the scissors to trim his face. I would hate to poke him with them.

i will run this Q by my daughter .. shes a groomer

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
this: tear stains are genetic so unfortunately there's not a whole lot you can do to stop it. Make sure dog is fed a good brand of dog food high in protein. Clean around the eyes with a baby wipe daily and get the dog regularly groomed as the groomer will shave between the eyes removing the pink.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Thanks, Lamb, I'll check it out. I have scissors but they are normal ones. I didn't know you could get special ones. I have no idea how to use a clipper, so I need to figure that out, too. I want him to have longer hair, like 2 - 3 inches long, but I don't know how to cut it with scissors so I need a clipper. I'm going to try this, and if he looks like shredded spaghetti, I'll take him to a groomer and get them to fix my mistakes. lol. My pup is soooo cute, and such a great little guy! I am SO glad I have him - especially given the stressors in my life right now. He's like a little therapist. Having him is better than colouring even!

The only thing I could never do was express the anal glands and had to take my dog to the vet for that. But other than that, I did very well with the grooming. She was so well-behaved and it helped to trap her in a tiny bathroom on the floor and I just snipped her in small increments. She enjoyed the praises and always wanted to look pretty.

Top Bottom