Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
When something extraordinary and wonderful happens is it a miracle or is more needed than mere wonder and our of the ordinariness? What makes a thing a miracle and have you seen one or more?

Last edited:

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
A miracle is something thta defies logic such as healings when there is no hope of a cure, and manynthings minor to that. I have seen the miracles that people think of as miracles and I also see miracles every day, when I get up and am breathing, every so called chance encounter, and so much more. Miracles do not have to be earth shaking although there ar e plenty that are.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
When something extraordinary and wonderful happens is it a miracle or is more needed than mere wonder and our of the ordinariness? What makes a thing a miracle and have you seen one or more?

I think a lot would depend on the context.

It's one thing to talk of "the miracle of love", another thing entirely to talk of a "medical miracle" where the surgeons successfully completed an operation against all the odds, and another thing again to talk of a miracle where a long standing illness just disappeared.

I used to know a lady who thought every little thing was a miracle and an answer to prayer. She'd stand at the front of the church and give testimony of how she was lost when driving her car and prayed, and within a few minutes she found a road she recognised (to put this in perspective, she was talking about back roads within 5 minutes of her home, not some faraway town she'd never visited before). When her windshield washers froze she didn't put antifreeze in the washer tank, she prayed about it. And, sure enough, the following day it was warmer and her washers worked and she gushed about how God had answered her prayer with a miracle.

Another lady I knew personally was in the ICU with advanced cancer and septicemia caused by bowel perforations and other complications. She wasn't expected to live at all but did, and along the way her cancer apparently vanished. That looked like a miracle at the time but six months later the cancer was back and took her life within a year. Some would say it was a miracle because it gave her far more time than doctors expected, others would say it wasn't because she still died from the cancer.

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
every time i see some baptised in the holy Spirit and begin to speak in tongues ..i see a miracle

Top Bottom