Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I am sure we had a day where we had even more than 30 in one way. I'll check in the Admin CP.

Romanos

God is good.
Executive Administrator
Community Team
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
The highest ever was 37 on September 8, 2015. :)

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
That is a lot

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Let's beat it!

Romanos

God is good.
Executive Administrator
Community Team
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
The key is getting more people to sign up. We have had quite a few people find us through Tapatalk, but unfortunately we are not as strong on social media. :(

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
They will come but keeping them here seems to be a problem as well, we have many members but a core that actually post

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
In a few weeks I'll be around more to help promote the site again. I feel as if I've failed in not keeping up with that.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No you havent Lamm

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Thanks, bill. I have a lot of ideas to help promote the site but no time or energy at the moment. Sooooon that won't be a problem. On the plus side when I search us out we're moving up in ranks because we've been around for a year and have a lot of posts with substance. That will help us.

Tigger

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
In a few weeks I'll be around more to help promote the site again. I feel as if I've failed in not keeping up with that.

You're doing a great good Lam. Life can be supper busy, just do what you can in your spare time, I'm sure we all appreciate it :)

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I'm very appreciative of the work Romanos, George, Lamm, Mark are doing!

It's HARD getting a site like this going. LONG GONE are those early days when "if you build it, they will come" (when CF had it's start). There are SO many sites that have had a huge head-start and have a big community (that tends to be somewhat self-perpetuating). Consider starting a new Coffee place when there's a Starbucks on each of the 3 other corners of the intersection.... And I think a LOT of Christians have gotten burned by bad admins and (far less often) bad posters (THAT'S the problem with a LOT of great, great posters I knew from the past.....). When people are "bonded" at a site - they tend to stay there. When they feel hurt - they tend to exit and hestiate to jump into some other site. Too many have gotten burned.

I'm aware of over a dozen sites that spun off from just CF, just that one site (I joined most of them!) - I can't think of any that lasted as long as this one has or grew as much as this one (which I don't consider a CF spin off). And of the old sites (all started back in the heady, easy, early days) - most are now gone, too. It's hard.

There are "tricks" in getting the site higher on search lists, etc. But I think this site will grow best the old fashioned way.... by US making this a great place to be and by US continuing to invite others (even the hurt, the frustrated). I think the "start" has proven successful.... CH is still here (against all the odds)... it seems to be SLOWLY growing! It will take patience.... and US working to keep the site great.

- Josiah

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I know a great too many who were burned and are so timid in coming here. So, I'll be reaching out to other people beyond that (meaning not my close friends or former CF folks) and it's what I would have done back in September when this place first started hopping except work got in the way ;) LOL

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship
It is my understanding that the number one thing that drives search engine ranking is good content. I see a lot of good, thought provoking threads here addressing issues that any Christian would find interesting and compelling. Our users have done very well in this regard, I would say.

Josiah brings up a very good point about how much harder it is now to get a forum to grow these days, given the saturation of the discussion board market. We (MHB) faced a very similar issue when starting a math help site 4 years ago...there were already so many such sites around, and we made it even harder on ourselves by deciding we would not be a site that simply spoonfeeds answers to users, but we would try to guide users instead to do the heavy lifting themselves. We get so many users who register, and when they see we ask them to show what they've tried, or we give a suggestion on how to continue rather than lazily posting up the full solution, we never hear from them again.

It can be discouraging to visit other math help sites, and see them bustling with activity even though they have little or no custom features, are overrun with spam, no active administration, simply because they have been around for much longer. But, we keep fighting the good fight, and keeping alive the hope that we will succeed in the end.

The same is true of CH...as long as we don't give up, keep making efforts to give our users the best experience we can, we will succeed. :thumbsup:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I've been to your math help board and it REALLY helps to teach which is a difficult thing to try to do online. But it's noble and fair and as years go by you'll get participants wanting to return to probably help the newbies just as they were helped :)

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't have a lot of experience with sites dealing with religion (Christian, atheist or otherwise), but from what I have gathered by many posting here is that the tolerance shown to other viewpoints here is something uncommon. Now, I will defend the right of our Christian users to have certain areas here where only Christians are allowed to post...fellowship is very important, and having non-Christians posting in such areas would impede fellowship.

However, the tolerance of non-Christians and their views on the rest of the site is a wonderful thing, and demonstrates a strength of faith you might not see in many other places. If I see two sites, one that simply shuts down anyone who disagrees with the site's position, and another who welcomes different viewpoints and counters those viewpoints with reason, which site then shows strength in their convictions and which shows weakness? ;)

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I believe if you're going to be nice then be nice to everyone. If you're going to be mean then be mean to everyone. Except that's against our rules. :D

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship
I believe if you're going to be nice then be nice to everyone. If you're going to be mean then be mean to everyone. Except that's against our rules. :D

Yes, consistency in moderating is a huge plus, in my eyes. If I join a site, and then begin seeing that certain "favored" users are allowed to get away with whatever they want, while others are slammed for the same kinds of behavior, I tend to leave such sites. I suspect many people feel the same way, and CH does a great job in that department. :)

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Aw, you just say that because I reported myself recently ;)

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship
Aw, you just say that because I reported myself recently ;)

LOL! I would have been worried if you had given yourself a temporary ban. :eek:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married