Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
When your children leave the nest what comforts you most?

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I have raised mine and they are gone. I miss them but I am happy they have married and started their own families. They live a long way away, but they find time to visit several times a year. That is very comforting.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Do you stay connected through Facetime or Skype?

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
No. By telephone only. When my younger son was in the war(three deployments), we used the yahoo messenger to face time. Sometimes my older son and I will use another device to face time.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
My daughter and I text, message on Facebook and I wait for her to call me since I never know if she's in class or working and hate to bug her unless it's an emergency. I don't do video chatting at all with anyone LOL

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
My daughter and I text, message on Facebook and I wait for her to call me since I never know if she's in class or working and hate to bug her unless it's an emergency. I don't do video chatting at all with anyone LOL

LOL, I don't like video chatting, but my children are techies, and, they insist that I do not get left behind.I don't do it often. I mostly talk to them on the phone. We use video chat on holidays mostly. Have you see that commercial, I think it is GIECO(not sure) where the adult son is a spy and he is running for his life when his mother calls him on his cell phone talking about squirrels in the attic. LOL. I will see if I can find it.

Last edited:

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
My oldest brother and his wife are now empty nesters. All of his children moved away from home and 3 out of 4 are out of state. This Christmas time my brother and his wife visited his kids out of state. They all had a good time. My brother missed them so much, it's a heart ache for him.

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
My oldest brother and his wife are now empty nesters. All of his children moved away from home and 3 out of 4 are out of state. This Christmas time my brother and his wife visited his kids out of state. They all had a good time. My brother missed them so much, it's a heart ache for him.

You just have to love them enough to let them go.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Brighten, yes I love that commercial! It's so funny :D

Ruth, my daughter went back to college this past week and it's a heartache to be away from her again.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Brighten, yes I love that commercial! It's so funny :D

Ruth, my daughter went back to college this past week and it's a heartache to be away from her again.
:hug2:

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
You just have to love them enough to let them go.

It is so hard to let go when all you see is the little baby/toddler/teenager even though they're adults.

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
It is so hard to let go when all you see is the little baby/toddler/teenager even though they're adults.

I know. I had children. My mother used to speak in parables about life. Raising my children involved a lot of teaching, and recreational pursuits. I had a job, and balancing all of it was a challenge. My mom would say " When they are children they are on your toes, but when they get grown, they are on your heart and that is much worse." She has passed on to be with the Lord but her wisdom still speaks to me today. She is right. When they are children you can lead,guide, and correct. When they are grown and on their own, you have no idea what kind of fixes they can get into. Like the guy in the commercial, his mom had no idea he was fighting for his life.

ValleyGal

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
My son is 22 and still lives at home. He has an anxiety disorder. Right now, he at least has a little socialization with me and IDay, and he will go out with one of us now and then, but when he is on his own, he won't get that anymore - at least not to the same degree. I worry about that, and I worry that he will be more exhausting for me when he moves out because he will likely be calling on me to take him for groceries, etc. I get exhausted easily now so chances are, half the time I will likely just pick whatever he needs up and take it to him, and that is not good for him. So...I fear for him the day he moves out. I wish he had more community supports than just me.... Plus it will be very, very quiet around here when he does go. I will be a bad empty nester, I'm sure...

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
My son is 22 and still lives at home. He has an anxiety disorder. Right now, he at least has a little socialization with me and IDay, and he will go out with one of us now and then, but when he is on his own, he won't get that anymore - at least not to the same degree. I worry about that, and I worry that he will be more exhausting for me when he moves out because he will likely be calling on me to take him for groceries, etc. I get exhausted easily now so chances are, half the time I will likely just pick whatever he needs up and take it to him, and that is not good for him. So...I fear for him the day he moves out. I wish he had more community supports than just me.... Plus it will be very, very quiet around here when he does go. I will be a bad empty nester, I'm sure...

Maybe you can find out about community supports for him by checking with your local social service agency. I know a young lady who has challenges like that and she lives in a group home. There are many options for you to check out.

NewCreation435

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
My daughter moved out last year and I just went to see her for a little while yesterday. She's only about 25 minute drive away, so we can go see her frequently. It is strange not having her there all the time, but I am proud of her success in her work.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
My daughter is about 12 hours away by car :( I miss her every day!! It's my husband's job that keeps us where we live now and it's a lovely area but all the family is back home. It's so far. I was hoping my daughter would have lived with us after she graduated college. I was really looking forward to it. But she has more connections back in the other state to try to get a good job.

Top Bottom