Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I make stuff like this but with more tomatoes in it. I use tomato paste instead of tomato sauce and I'll add a can of diced tomatoes. I also add some chilly sauce just to spice it up a little and some garlic.

Imalive

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Okay I will share one of my fabulous recepies. Stamp pot endive. Haven't made it in years cause the kids don't like it and I made it w cheese instead of meat.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zdXDwjEiP5E

Last edited:

Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Simple almond milk.

The process of making this is simple, and although some time is involved in the first few steps, once enough almonds have been prepared they can be kept in the freezer until needed for quick liter or two of almond milk in minutes.

Step 1) Bring almonds in enough water to cover plus a little extra to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Allow to cool or strain out hot water and add almonds to cold to expedite. This step Pasteurizes the almonds (for longer lasting milk), reduces anti-nutrients (like phytates which bind minerals) as well as making the skins easy to remove.

Step 2) After step 1, almond skins will be easy to remove. With the almonds in cool water, grab small handfuls of them and move your thumb under them to remove skins, letting the almonds fall gently back into the water. The skins will be on your fingers, have a container or rubbish bin at hand to collect. This step takes the longest amount of time.

Step 3) Set aside almonds you wish to use for milk and place the rest into freezer bags and into your freezer for later - weigh them now for each freezer bag unless you want to do this later.

Step 4) Weigh your almonds and then dry grind them in a blender until they are fairly fine. A good blender should do this in 5-10 seconds or so. Make sure they are not mixed with any extra water or you are likely to get a percentage of unground/partially ground almonds.

Step 5) Multiply almond weight by 10 and use this weight to measure your water for mixing. For example: Almond weight=67g. Water weight=670g. Mix well in blender. This will give you 10% almond milk by weight.
Alternatively, use higher multiples for smoother milk. Store bought almond milk is typically 5% or less - so if you wanted your milk at 5% instead of 10, simply multiply by 20 instead, or cut the amount of almond weight in half and use the same water.

Once steps 1 and 2 are completed, making almond milk on the fly with frozen or defrosted almonds is very quick and easy with a good blender. Just start from step 4.

Top Bottom