Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
https://hoiabaciuforest.com/

I don't believe in "haunted" places in the way some people do, but I do know there are evil spirits around us. Even so, I'd really love to visit this forest in Romania!! o_O:woot:

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
As it is haunted, I would be scared to go there. Am afraid of anything haunted!

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship
As there is no compelling evidence for ghosts, I take the word "haunted" with a huge grain of salt. The link says that people complain of rashes, nausea, etc. after having entered the forest. I think this has more to do with anxiety induced by the power of suggestion than with agents of the supernatural reaching into this realm to afflict the living.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
As there is no compelling evidence for ghosts, I take the word "haunted" with a huge grain of salt. The link says that people complain of rashes, nausea, etc. after having entered the forest. I think this has more to do with anxiety induced by the power of suggestion than with agents of the supernatural reaching into this realm to afflict the living.

Thanks but it still sounds too scary for me. lol

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I agree with evil spirits and do not believe in ghosts either, that being said it is better to avoid such places unless you are prepared to do spiritual warfare.

Lucian Hodoboc

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Even so, I'd really love to visit this forest in Romania!! o_O:woot:

No, you wouldn't. :Nooo: There are much better places to visit if you ever come to Romania. Avoid the demonic forest. Visit wholesome places, such as these:

Lucian Hodoboc

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Even so, I'd really love to visit this forest in Romania!! o_O:woot:

No, you wouldn't. :Nooo: There are much better places to visit if you ever come to Romania. Avoid the demonic forest. Visit wholesome places, such as these:

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Looks nice!

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Our Father is Sovereign over all Creation. Not one hair of our body can be touched without permission being given by our Father. There is no forest that should strike fear into the child of God.
Certainly their are evil spirits that would relish being able to harm us. They cannot touch us unless our Father gives them permission. Remember Job? Satan had to ask permission.
Do not let your heart's be troubled. Believe in Jesus and believe in your Sovereign Father. Jesus said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." Keep your eyes on Christ. Go enjoy the forest that God made for you, his child, to enjoy. No fear.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
As one who has witnessed people with spirits and their power I will say that your statement is correct Menno but I would not advise anyone to take on a demon unless theya re prayed up and are well versed in spiritual warfare. Many foolish Christians have ignored this much to their regret.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
As one who has witnessed people with spirits and their power I will say that your statement is correct Menno but I would not advise anyone to take on a demon unless theya re prayed up and are well versed in spiritual warfare. Many foolish Christians have ignored this much to their regret.
91, I understand your sentiment. I also recognize your tendency to center on human action rather than center in on God's action.
It's foolish of any Christian to go off looking for demons to fight. That's not our calling nor our role as children of God.
We turn to God and we focus on our Father, not on demons. If God brings a demon across our path, it is by His ordained purpose. We will either see God rebuke that demon, as we trust Him in faith, or we will see God use our defeat for His glory.
What I observe is that there are many false children of God running around, attempting to cast out demons, who get their butts kicked because they aren't children of God. They are just attention seekers looking to get a pat on their back. Recall those foolish people whom the demon, in Jesus time on earth, stripped of clothing and sent out the house naked. Those are the posers. They got what they deserved.
As children of God, we can walk in confidence that God never allows something in our lives that isn't meant to draw us to Himself. Trust that truth.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
91, I understand your sentiment. I also recognize your tendency to center on human action rather than center in on God's action.
It's foolish of any Christian to go off looking for demons to fight. That's not our calling nor our role as children of God.
We turn to God and we focus on our Father, not on demons. If God brings a demon across our path, it is by His ordained purpose. We will either see God rebuke that demon, as we trust Him in faith, or we will see God use our defeat for His glory.
What I observe is that there are many false children of God running around, attempting to cast out demons, who get their butts kicked because they aren't children of God. They are just attention seekers looking to get a pat on their back. Recall those foolish people whom the demon, in Jesus time on earth, stripped of clothing and sent out the house naked. Those are the posers. They got what they deserved.
As children of God, we can walk in confidence that God never allows something in our lives that isn't meant to draw us to Himself. Trust that truth.
Funny, I thought God gave us weapons to fight the good fight of spiritual warfare and I also thought the disciples and for that matter all believers are to cast out demons. Yes, you dont go looking for them but the truth is that today you dont have to look far.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Funny, I thought God gave us weapons to fight the good fight of spiritual warfare and I also thought the disciples and for that matter all believers are to cast out demons. Yes, you dont go looking for them but the truth is that today you dont have to look far.
Show us where the Apostles, after the cross are commissioned to cast out demons. Also, where are God's children commissioned to cast out demons?
We read of Jesus telling his disciples, before the cross, to go throughout Israel and cast out demons, but I don't know where the church is commanded to do so. Perhaps I missed something.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Show us where the Apostles, after the cross are commissioned to cast out demons. Also, where are God's children commissioned to cast out demons?
We read of Jesus telling his disciples, before the cross, to go throughout Israel and cast out demons, but I don't know where the church is commanded to do so. Perhaps I missed something.
So, you nbelieve that everything ended with the disciples? If so I feel sorry for you as you are missing out on a lot of what a believer is to do. I am specifially thinking of Mark Chapter 16:15 and on. I am also thinkling of our weapons of warfare as listed after the disciples were long gone.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
So, you nbelieve that everything ended with the disciples? If so I feel sorry for you as you are missing out on a lot of what a believer is to do. I am specifially thinking of Mark Chapter 16:15 and on. I am also thinkling of our weapons of warfare as listed after the disciples were long gone.

I believe that scripture guides our beliefs and actions.
Here's your passage:

Mark 16:8,14-20
[Some of the earliest manuscripts do not include 16:9–20.]
Afterward he appeared to the eleven themselves as they were reclining at table, and he rebuked them for their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they had not believed those who saw him after he had risen. And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.” So then the Lord Jesus, after he had spoken to them, was taken up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God. And they went out and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them and confirmed the message by accompanying signs.]]

The inconsistency with the rest of scripture suggests a scribe put this in as a personal thought much later after the original author wrote it. Thank you, however, for providing your scriptural reasoning.
Looking at this passage, and taking it literally, one would have to teach that only if you get baptized can you be saved. All Christians would also be able to cast out demons, speak in tongues, pick up poisonous snakes without being harmed and drink all forms of poison without any harm. (Care to drink some anti-freeze?)
Ps91, do you do all those things with full assurance you will not be harmed? I think this passage should be held lightly, but you may hold it tightly.

Andrew

Matt 18:15
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I believe that scripture guides our beliefs and actions.
Here's your passage:

Mark 16:8,14-20
[Some of the earliest manuscripts do not include 16:9–20.]
Afterward he appeared to the eleven themselves as they were reclining at table, and he rebuked them for their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they had not believed those who saw him after he had risen. And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.” So then the Lord Jesus, after he had spoken to them, was taken up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God. And they went out and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them and confirmed the message by accompanying signs.]]

The inconsistency with the rest of scripture suggests a scribe put this in as a personal thought much later after the original author wrote it. Thank you, however, for providing your scriptural reasoning.
Looking at this passage, and taking it literally, one would have to teach that only if you get baptized can you be saved. All Christians would also be able to cast out demons, speak in tongues, pick up poisonous snakes without being harmed and drink all forms of poison without any harm. (Care to drink some anti-freeze?)
Ps91, do you do all those things with full assurance you will not be harmed? I think this passage should be held lightly, but you may hold it tightly.
So, because someone altered the text that proves we cannot cast out demons in Jesus name? Why does Christ make references to those who claim to have cast out demons in his name but are thrown into the pit for their sinfulness?

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
So, because someone altered the text that proves we cannot cast out demons in Jesus name? Why does Christ make references to those who claim to have cast out demons in his name but are thrown into the pit for their sinfulness?

I never said God would not grant us the right to cast out a demon from a person in Jesus name.
I said, I don't read scripture where we are commissioned to go out looking for demons and casting them out.
If God ordained for us to confront a demon and cast that demon, or demons, out of a person, we could, by faith, cast the demon out.
How often do you think God ordains us to go on a demon hunt?
As to your last question, which scripture are you referring to?

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I never said God would not grant us the right to cast out a demon from a person in Jesus name.
I said, I don't read scripture where we are commissioned to go out looking for demons and casting them out.
If God ordained for us to confront a demon and cast that demon, or demons, out of a person, we could, by faith, cast the demon out.
My apologies, I seem to have mixed two verses together on accident...
The verse I was referring to is...
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Matthew 7:22-23

Andrew

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
btw I say nooooo to demon hunting. They particular pick on strict men of faith, whatever they are, Jesus cast out demons from people, but my grandparents had several attacks on them decades ago and they were dark shadowy entities and the house had to be blessed several times before they went away. When my grampa was passing on his death bed, his daughter (my aunt) heard him praying out loud and as she turned to look she saw a dark cloudy entity hovering over him and it eventually vanished away... Whatever the heck they are I sure would not go hunting or looking for them.

MennoSota

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
I read the story of David and Goliath in 1 Samuel 17 this past weekend. The Israelites cowered in the size of Goliath and no one would walk into the stadium and face him...until David. David recognized that Goliath was mocking God and David realized that God would not be mocked. God would go before him and slay Goliath.
I think this silly haunted forest is a similar thing. Will believers cower at a story and live in fear as a demon mocks our Father, or will we walk forward in belief that our Father God goes before us? I say, walk forward and slay the beast in Jesus name. Of whom should we fear? Let us trust our God and fear no one else. If God is for us, who can be against us?

Top Bottom