Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I read about some hospital that has a sign with a word that changes daily displayed on top of a cabinet in the OR as part of research into people who claim to be floating above and looking down on their body. So far no one remembers seeing the word and can name it.

Make of that whatever you wish.

Lucian Hodoboc

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I personally don't think that Near Death Experiences (or NDE) are proof of anything. I distrust people who make claims that they died and went to heaven.
What about the ones whose lives were visibly changed for the better, such as Howard Storm? He used to be an atheist and strongly against religion, but after his NDE he quit his job as a college professor and became a Christian pastor. His wife and kids remained atheists and left him because they couldn't relate to him anymore. He gave numerous tv interviews on the matter and made hundreds of online videos talking about his experience. Yes, he did write several books, but they are not best-sellers and he struggles financially, so it's clear that he didn't do this for the money.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
What about the ones whose lives were visibly changed for the better, such as Howard Storm? He used to be an atheist and strongly against religion, but after his NDE he quit his job as a college professor and became a Christian pastor. His wife and kids remained atheists and left him because they couldn't relate to him anymore. He gave numerous tv interviews on the matter and made hundreds of online videos talking about his experience. Yes, he did write several books, but they are not best-sellers and he struggles financially, so it's clear that he didn't do this for the money.

His changing wasn't evidence of near death, but the fact that God's planted seed came to fruition. He admits that he grew up as a liberal Protestant.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
What that seems to demonstrate is not that his NDE was genuine or a proof of the soul, etc., but simply that he believed it to be proof.

I am not one to dismiss NDEs out of hand, but for somebody to have a change of life on account of something that happened to them without any certain and scientific reason is not unusual.

Messy3

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Ian Mc Cormack was 15 or 45 mins dead, but they often are not impressed when it's that short.
That guy from Africa was 3 days dead and there's proof from the guy who declared him dead and the guy from the morgue.

Lucian Hodoboc

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Ian Mc Cormack was 15 or 45 mins dead, but they often are not impressed when it's that short.
That guy from Africa was 3 days dead and there's proof from the guy who declared him dead and the guy from the morgue.
Do you believe that near-death experiences are real, Messy? Does God allow humans to see heaven and then return to their bodies to tell the story? 🤔 😀

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Unfortunately, these are claims that have possible explanations. The point of NDEs is that such experiences defy all explanation other than that the soul continues on after physical death.

For example, the person who was pronounced dead reveals something that he could not have known otherwise and which is demonstrably true. To have anyone claim that he saw or talked with angels in paradise while deceased (or thought to be deceased) is not what makes an NDE be something noteworthy.

Messy3

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Hey offtopic but see Lees they're white!

Screenshot_20231213_161220_Chrome.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231213_161227_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231213_161227_Chrome.jpg
    357 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20231213_161232_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231213_161232_Chrome.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20231213_161240_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231213_161240_Chrome.jpg
    360.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20231213_161247_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231213_161247_Chrome.jpg
    367.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20231213_161252_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231213_161252_Chrome.jpg
    367.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20231213_161258_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231213_161258_Chrome.jpg
    372.5 KB · Views: 1

Messy3

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Do you believe that near-death experiences are real, Messy? Does God allow humans to see heaven and then return to their bodies to tell the story? 🤔 😀
Yes

Messy3

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Unfortunately, these are claims that have possible explanations. The point of NDEs is that such experiences defy all explanation other than that the soul continues on after physical death.

For example, the person who was pronounced dead reveals something that he could not have known otherwise and which is demonstrably true. To have anyone claim that he saw or talked with angels in paradise while deceased (or thought to be deceased) is not what makes an NDE be something noteworthy.
Oh but I have also heard stories that they saw their body laying there and saw them trying to bring them back to life. Suppose they put for instance a red pot there and then bring em elsewhere, they can later ask what they saw and check.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
To be absolutely clear, NDEs MAY be real, but most of the claims of people saying that they have had a Near Death Experience do not describe what a Near Death Experience is all about.

These are merely tales told about supposed experiences in heaven or hell or the like. That does not describe a genuine NDE.

Oh but I have also heard stories that they saw their body laying there and saw them trying to bring them back to life. Suppose they put for instance a red pot there and then bring them elsewhere, they can later ask what they saw and check.

All right, but saying that you were pronounced dead and taken to a mortuary, then reviving and telling what you "saw" in heaven while in that state, is just talk, not really different from a dream. If it is something that COULD NOT BE KNOWN by the person in question, but is undeniably correct, then we're into the realm of an NDE, whether or not we believe such things are proof of life after death.

Messy3

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
To be absolutely clear, NDEs MAY be real, but most of the claims of people saying that they have had a Near Death Experience do not describe what a Near Death Experience is all about.

These are merely tales told about supposed experiences in heaven or hell or the like. That does not describe a genuine NDE.

All right, but saying that you were pronounced dead and taken to a mortuary, then reviving and telling what you "saw" in heaven while in that state, is just talk, not really different from a dream. If it is something that COULD NOT BE KNOWN by the person in question, but is undeniably correct, then we're into the realm of an NDE, whether or not we believe such things are proof of life after death.
I check it with the Bible. These I believe to be true, but I have also read and heard others which I reject. Like some girl who wasnt even dead, but she said Jesus took her to hell and she saw a woman who was there for using hair dye or mascara. That sounds more like a deceiving demonic experience or a weird WOF or NAR preacher who saw roller coasters in heaven. That was a woman with purple hair. I don't take that serious. Oh wait. There was a boy who saw things he couldn't know, that his mother had a miscarriage and he saw that one. Maybe it was this one:

Messy3

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I check it with the Bible. These I believe to be true, but I have also read and heard others which I reject. Like some girl who wasnt even dead, but she said Jesus took her to hell and she saw a woman who was there for using hair dye or mascara. That sounds more like a deceiving demonic experience or a weird WOF or NAR preacher who saw roller coasters in heaven. That was a woman with purple hair. I don't take that serious. Oh wait. There was a boy who saw things he couldn't know, that his mother had a miscarriage and he saw that one. Maybe it was this one:
Except that he COULD have known or thought that she had had a miscarriage. The fact is that we assume that he had never been given that information, and it is unlikely that he would have known it, but he still could have been so informed. Or, if not that, he could have gotten the idea for one reason or another and it happened to turn out to be correct.

A true NDE, whether or not anyone believes in such things, deals with experiences that the person in question relays afterwards and absolutely could not have known according to all that we know (except for the possibility that NDEs are indeed evidence of a continuing consciousness after physical death).

Last edited:

Forgiven1

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I personally don't think that Near Death Experiences (or NDE) are proof of anything. I distrust people who make claims that they died and went to heaven.

I agree, especially with my own experiences.
I have personally exprienced NDE twice, maybe 3 times. Never did I experience any images of heaven or hell. I did have the flashing lights one time. They got my heart rate functioning, yet I was in and our consciousness while I was being stabilized. This one happened in the ER. My pulse had gone to 0.

I don't discount the stories of people who say they were floating above and saw what was going on during resuscitation. I would come to enough to know what was going on, but not all of.

My experiences include:
1. Drowning- I was in the water and then in an ambulance puking out my guts. Not really sure what was done.
2. Afib episode with the reversal medication taking my heart rate to 0 in an ER.
3. Afib episode with a different reversal med and happened in an airport gate area. Came to on my own and don't have the hard data as to what happened exactly. EMS called. During ride to hospital periodically close to losing consciousness.

Just stating what has happened to me. As someone said, one can and does make changes in their life after these incidences. I also had cancer 20 years ago. Not near death, but yet a type of event that one makes changes too.

Messy3

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes

Oh he was an atheist. I once saw a testimony of an atheist who was revived by a christian doctor.

This was another one.

Last edited:

Messy3

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Yes
Except that he COULD have known or thought that she had had a miscarriage. The fact is that we assume that he had never been given that information, and it is unlikely that he would have known it, but he still could have been so informed. Or, if not that, he could have gotten the idea for one reason or another and it happened to turn out to be correct.

A true NDE, whether or not anyone believes in such things, deals with experiences that the person in question relays afterwards and absolutely could not have known according to all that we know (except for the possibility that NDEs are indeed evidence of a continuing consciousness after physical death).
There were Chinese orphan kids around 100 years ago who got caught up in heaven, no near death, just alive, but all at the same time and they cross examined them apart from each other and they all said the same things, like they were plucking oranges for those people who took em in and were disappointed that they weren't in their pockets, cause it was so real and they also saw a kid they knew who had died earlier and the people from that orphanage hoped no other kid would die, because then the others would become jealous.

Albion

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Anglican
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
That wouldn't be an NDE, though, even if it were true.

Top Bottom