Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I think that people don't always realize there can be a huge cost for having a pet.

What do you estimate is your weekly or monthly cost for your pet(s)? Food, meds, vet bill, groomer, etc...?

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
My every other month grooming is 26. plus I give her a 10. tip. Food and treats per month are about 26. I pay 50. a month for illness and wellness pet insurance for my dog. Poop bags are about 3. a month. Vet bills for wellness exam once a year is about 150. She needs about 5 or 6 vaccinations a year which are about 30.00 each. She has gotten sick twice this year and once the bill was 196. at the emergency vet once and again 170. The pet insurance reimburses me for about 60% of illness and about 60% for wellness exams and vaccinations. I don't buy food every month but buy a large bag that will last several months. I'm not even going to try and add all that up, sorry. I just wanted to answer the question as best I could.

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
It is a cost vs benefit process. It is also like kids. You may want them in spite of their horrific cost financially, physically, mentally, emotionally, and socially because of the benefits of having them.

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I think that people don't always realize there can be a huge cost for having a pet.

What do you estimate is your weekly or monthly cost for your pet(s)? Food, meds, vet bill, groomer, etc...?

Thankfully Peanut doesn't cost much. We pay for her food but that usually last a while. Hasn't been to the vet or needed meds since we got her. (THANK GOD) And we don't need a groomer and she is a short hair dog.

I should ask my parents what they pay monthly for there dog has he is a Schnauzer and he gets special food and goes to the groomers once a month.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Thankfully Peanut doesn't cost much. We pay for her food but that usually last a while. Hasn't been to the vet or needed meds since we got her. (THANK GOD) And we don't need a groomer and she is a short hair dog.

I should ask my parents what they pay monthly for there dog has he is a Schnauzer and he gets special food and goes to the groomers once a month.
Mine the same way

Rens

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
In Relationship
I can't afford a pet now, a bird maybe. Kids are costly enough and I only work 3 days a week.
When I had a cat 20 years ago it was one euro a day for food. We had a foster parents kid with the students' home I lived in (You had to pay that if you wanted to rent a room), which costed as much as a cat.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

You aren't forced to have yearly shots where you live? We HAD to get certain shots for our cats/dogs where I used to live as well as get a town pet license.

Krissy Cakes

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Married
Yes
You aren't forced to have yearly shots where you live? We HAD to get certain shots for our cats/dogs where I used to live as well as get a town pet license.

I'm not sure on that but we do have a town pet license and a service dog license and I did pay for that. I forgot to say.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Only shot required in this state that you cant give yourself is rabies once a year and a dog license also once a year

Tigger

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Our silly cat got into a cat fight a while back and it ended up costing us $500!

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Do any of you put a limit on what you'd spend on your pet concerning vet bills? We had a cat with a huge tumor and decided on a top figure before undergoing any type of testing or treatment.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Do any of you put a limit on what you'd spend on your pet concerning vet bills? We had a cat with a huge tumor and decided on a top figure before undergoing any type of testing or treatment.

My entire savings for her.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Pets are expensive, but you can enjoy some of the benefits of having a cat if you don't have one but your neighbours do :)

Top Bottom