Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
By their fruit we know them ...

I have 2 tests for that.

1. Everything they have pointed to before had to happen exactly as they said. If only like 60% fulfills, they are no more and no less like the Nostradamus, which is not the right person to listen to.
2. The life of such individual MUST be immaculate. Every prophet of the OT had an immaculate Godly life, including Anna from the Temple.

Actually we really do not know how immaculate and Godly some of these prophets were. Isaiah had a child with a prophetess but scripture did not say she was his wife. Hosea married a prostitute, Jonah disobeyed our Father when instructed to go to Nineveh. I do think that they were chosen vessels to be the mouth of our Father. I agree that their prophecies must come to pass as they have said.

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for that!

Now, there was a discussion in another thread on blood moon we just had.
I am not much of a prophecy guy, so I would ask you or anyone here.

Was the moon turning to blood supposed to happen before or after that area in Jordan supposed to get desolate that even flocks would be kept there with no fear of man?

If after than we should not have been expecting this blood moon to have been the prophecy of Joel.

If before than we should pay attention and see if a certain specific type of destruction would happen there to the exact degree defined in Isaiah and then we should be adding other related prophecies to see if they fit perfectly and only then we can have a well defined and focused set of "binoculars" to watch for the coming.

Watching for Christ coming is a fascinating process, but we should be careful we do not pay attention to other things that resemble the real signs yet are not the real thing.

I wonder if anyone has a chronology of all the signs and events (pieces of info like Isaiah 17) that lead to this great event.

Thanks, :)
In Christ,
Ed

The thing to pay attention to in regards to the blood moons imho is Israel. There are no hard and fast rules that say Lord Jesus must show up at any particular time. He said He is coming at a time when the people think not.So, to me,since we know what signs to look for we should observe the signs expectantly. The four in a row blood moons do not happen often so when they do, watch Israel. I think that is a pretty good guideline.

As for prophecy, since the OT prophets have a good record of accuracy,I think we can trust them. Isaiah and Joel were not contemporaries so I do not think you can link Isaiah's Damascus prophecy to Joel's blood moon prophecy .I believe Joel was referencing a particular blood moon just before the Lord Jesus comes. However, it seems that Damascus is on the verge of being destroyed as we speak.

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I found this documentary to be very interesting concerning prophecies fulfilled since Israel has been a nation. It is worth your while to watch it as it is full of actual events.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYRYC9zKZHQ

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
This thread is a study of how prophecy is followed . Started from questions on the blood moon thread for reference.

One prophecy I watch is Isaiah 17:1
17 A prophecy against Damascus:

“See, Damascus will no longer be a city
but will become a heap of ruins.

So you reckon that verse is about Damascus nowadays?

The LORD said, "Damascus will not be a city any longer; it will be only a pile of ruins. The cities of Syria will be deserted forever. They will be a pasture for sheep and cattle, and no one will drive them away. Israel will be defenseless, and Damascus will lose its independence. Those Syrians who survive will be in disgrace like the people of Israel. I, the LORD Almighty, have spoken." (Isaiah 17:1-3 GNB)​

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I guess I should say preterists need not respond. Amen.

Is one a preterist if one believes that the prophetic passages in Isaiah about the suffering servant are fulfilled?

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
The one I find interesting is Israel will become a nation and a generation shall not pass. Have always wondered what a generation would be. It obviously wasnt 40 years as Israel became a nation in 1948, coulkd it be till all die off of the previousgeneration or could it be 70 some years which is about average now

Hmmm, so 1948 to 2018 is 70 years, right? Are you suggesting that 2018 is the year of doom?

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Hmmm, so 1948 to 2018 is 70 years, right? Are you suggesting that 2018 is the year of doom?
Nope just wondering what a generation is although it does present some interesting speculations

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Nope just wondering what a generation is although it does present some interesting speculations

I speculate that when we see the sun clothed wonder woman (not necessarily the comic book character) then the end will come.

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Russia moving troops into Syria and supporting Israel's enemy is fairly significant I'd say. Is this the start of the end? Could go off big time and then looking back people will say WW3 started in September 2015.... This flood of "refugees" from Syria into Europe is also a major change in the face of what this world is dealing with. They are like a plague, an amazing amount of men, no women and children as "refugees"... Does this stink with Islamic tomfoolery? We, being the fools. It doesn't look good. Millions of Muslim migrants invading Europe and with Obama's help US also. For those who were looking for leaders to make a big announcement or sign some treaty papers...Sorry.

That is not how this works everytime. Yeshua fulfilled all that He did for the spring feasts and it was misrepresented, misunderstood, and many missed it. It could be that we are looking Revelation (6:9-11) describing the opening of the Fifth Seal at the end of time, and the distribution of white robes to "those who had been slain for the work of God and for the witness they had borne." Those millions of Muslim migrants does not forebode well for anyone in their path.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Russia moving troops into Syria and supporting Israel's enemy is fairly significant I'd say. Is this the start of the end? Could go off big time and then looking back people will say WW3 started in September 2015.... This flood of "refugees" from Syria into Europe is also a major change in the face of what this world is dealing with. They are like a plague, an amazing amount of men, no women and children as "refugees"... Does this stink with Islamic tomfoolery? We, being the fools. It doesn't look good. Millions of Muslim migrants invading Europe and with Obama's help US also. For those who were looking for leaders to make a big announcement or sign some treaty papers...Sorry.

That is not how this works everytime. Yeshua fulfilled all that He did for the spring feasts and it was misrepresented, misunderstood, and many missed it. It could be that we are looking Revelation (6:9-11) describing the opening of the Fifth Seal at the end of time, and the distribution of white robes to "those who had been slain for the work of God and for the witness they had borne." Those millions of Muslim migrants does not forebode well for anyone in their path.

I'll check the most recent Watchtower magazines and see if Jehovah's witnesses are speculating about the end being nigh (again). :woot::woot::woot:

Last edited:

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I'll check the most recent Watchtower magazines and see if Jehovah's witnesses are speculating about the end being nigh (again). :woot::woot::woot:
If that is your source of reliable info... go for it.. :rotfl:

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
So you reckon that verse is about Damascus nowadays?

The LORD said, "Damascus will not be a city any longer; it will be only a pile of ruins. The cities of Syria will be deserted forever. They will be a pasture for sheep and cattle, and no one will drive them away. Israel will be defenseless, and Damascus will lose its independence. Those Syrians who survive will be in disgrace like the people of Israel. I, the LORD Almighty, have spoken." (Isaiah 17:1-3 GNB)​

Thank you so very much for posting this passage from the GNB. We know that our Father does not lie. History tells us that Damascus is the world's oldest continually inhabited city. But, scripture tells us that it will cease to be. So yes.

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Is one a preterist if one believes that the prophetic passages in Isaiah about the suffering servant are fulfilled?

Preterist know who they are and what they believe. If you are not one you know it. If you are one you know it.

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

Oh, You read those?

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

Exactly

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Depending on how you interpret scripture, end times is real, the catching away is also real, you can explain it away if you so choose but AI would suggest listening to God and see what He has to say about it:)

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Depending on how you interpret scripture, end times is real, the catching away is also real, you can explain it away if you so choose but AI would suggest listening to God and see what He has to say about it:)

Yes that is why I asked preterists to abstain from this thread. I wanted it to be for us to study prophecy not to debate it's validity. I had hoped my request would be respected.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Yes that is why I asked preterists to abstain from this thread. I wanted it to be for us to study prophecy not to debate it's validity. I had hoped my request would be respected.

Isn't the position that you appear to hold more "presentism" than any kind of "futurism"?After all the core of the kind of interpretation that is visible in posts advocating the rapture and such is that NOW is the time, NOW is the last days,

Top Bottom