Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship
I saw this recently posted:

Muslims are atheists.

Muslims are theists, specifically monotheists, because they believe in the God Allah. Atheists do not believe in any gods. Now that I have elucidated the difference, are there any questions?

Hammster

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I saw this recently posted:

Muslims are theists, specifically monotheists, because they believe in the God Allah. Atheists do not believe in any gods. Now that I have elucidated the difference, are there any questions?

Their religion is monotheistic. They are atheists.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
... Muslims are theists, specifically monotheists, because they believe in the God Allah. Atheists do not believe in any gods. Now that I have elucidated the difference, are there any questions?

Yep, Muslims are theists and they are also monotheists hence not atheists.

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Nah... They dont believe in the one true living god.which means no god at all.they are same as atheists

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship
Nah... They dont believe in the one true living god.which means no god at all.they are same as atheists

All theists, including Muslims, are presumably convinced that they believe in a true god or gods, otherwise their belief would make no sense. Why would someone believe in something in which they don't believe? That makes about as much sense as saying Muslims are atheists.

Now both Muslims and atheists are non-Christians, but that's about as far as the similarity goes when it comes to religious affiliation.

Hammster

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship
You cannot. I never said you could.

You stated that Muslims are monotheists (which are theists), and then you said they are atheists as well. Please explain how that works.

seekingsolace

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This seems to be an argument over validity of belief, rather than the definition.

A little pointless and unfruitful (for Christians) to debate trivial things.

Hammster

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You stated that Muslims are monotheists (which are theists), and then you said they are atheists as well. Please explain how that works.

No, I said their religion is monotheistic. They are atheists. In other words, they created a god that is singular in nature. That doesn't mean that it's a real god.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
I don't believe Muslims are atheists. Just because they believe in their God it doesn't mean that it's not the same as God. I hope that makes sense.

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Allah translates to God. The merciful creator of all. How is that not the same one God of all Abrahamic religion?

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I really dont think God said convert or chop off their heads. Islam is not a religion of peace or tolorance

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship
No, I said their religion is monotheistic. They are atheists. In other words, they created a god that is singular in nature. That doesn't mean that it's a real god.

If a god had to be provable as real, there would be no such thing as theists at all.

MarkFL

La Villa Strangiato
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Atheist
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
In Relationship
And here we go.

The moment to say "and here we go" was when you wrongly stated that Muslims are atheists. Just because you are not a Muslim does not mean you can deny the fact that they are every bit as much a theist as you are. Christians are not the only theists...any person who believes in any god or gods is a theist. This is how the word is defined...look it up.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
I really dont think God said convert or chop off their heads. Islam is not a religion of peace or tolorance

Yes it is. You are mistaking the extreme terrorists withe regular Muslims. They are peace loving people. Most Muslims are not committing terror crimes.

Hammster

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The moment to say "and here we go" was when you wrongly stated that Muslims are atheists. Just because you are not a Muslim does not mean you can deny the fact that they are every bit as much a theist as you are. Christians are not the only theists...any person who believes in any god or gods is a theist. This is how the word is defined...look it up.

On a Christian forum, I certainly can. There are things that we, as Christians, assume to be true. So since Muslims deny the God of scripture, they are atheists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom