USA Is it time for a woman President in the U.S.?

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I also do not know of any that would be good but I am sure there are some out there

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single

brinny

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
It would not matter if someone is male or female...it depends on whether they would be good for the nation and would uphold all of our freedoms and liberties this nation was founded on. A woman per se is not necessarily going to do anything that protects our freedom and liberty just because she's a female nor is she going to have the wisdom, discernment, and clarity needed to be a good and trustworthy leader of this nation.

Thank you kindly.

brinny

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Do you think the world (not just the U.S.) is ready for a woman President?

Do you think Hilary could do the job? No jokes, please ;)

Hillary?

Seriously?

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Sadly I think she might win the election. Hard to tell yet but it is looking like it

brinny

Religious Affiliation
Non-Denominational
Marital Status
Widow/Widower

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
It's been a couple of months since this thread began. Any new Hillary updates to add to the thread? How strong a candidate is she?

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I think she is getting weaker and they are beginning to smell blood in the water, more dems are thinking of jumping in

Hammster

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

I think it's wrong to ask if it's time for a ______ president. It suggests that there was something wrong with previous presidents because they were not ______.

It also suggests that, if you say yes it is time, then we must do what we can to get one in office.

Sent from my iPhone using my right thumb.

Highlander

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hillary essentially is an unindicted (so far) criminal. This is why her trust factor with the public is VERY low and why her campaign is crumbling.

Simply put, Hillary Clinton is not electable as POTUS.

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
I think it's wrong to ask if it's time for a ______ president. It suggests that there was something wrong with previous presidents because they were not ______.

It also suggests that, if you say yes it is time, then we must do what we can to get one in office.

Well, obviously we've never had a woman in office and obviously there are reasons as to WHY that hasn't happened :) Have those reasons changed?

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Hillary essentially is an unindicted (so far) criminal. This is why her trust factor with the public is VERY low and why her campaign is crumbling.

Simply put, Hillary Clinton is not electable as POTUS.

I think they're all criminals. I want a fresh group of candidates.

Hammster

Religious Affiliation
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Well, obviously we've never had a woman in office and obviously there are reasons as to WHY that hasn't happened :) Have those reasons changed?

We've never had someone of Mexican decent, either. Or Indian. Or with two black parents. Etc.

I think it's wrong to make those distinctions.

Now, is it okay to have a woman president? Sure. But not because she's a woman. It should be because she's qualified.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I agree, no matter who it is they should be qualifed.

tango

... and you shall live ...
Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

I don't honestly think gender has any bearing on whether someone would make a good President or not.

I'm no expert on US politics but from what I can see there are still a lot of questions about Hillary that need to be answered - the two that come to mind are the Benghazi incident and the whole thing about using a personal email server for official business.

All that said I really hope if her election bid does go anywhere people vote for/against her based on her politics and not her gender. "It's about time we had a female President" isn't a reason to elect any one particular women if her politics aren't right. One thing I remember from my (limited) exposure to the campaigning for the Democrat nomination in the 2008 elections was getting a strong impression that Hillary's campaign seemed to carry a message of "it's time for a woman President, I'm a woman, so vote for me" while Obama's campaign seemed to say "we've never had a black President, I happen to be black, but support me for my politics and not my skin color".

I don't get a vote so what I think of any of the candidates isn't really relevant.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Isn't it only fairly recently that it was even considered possible for a woman to be elected President? I'm not hugely familiar with US political history but I can't say I'm aware of anyone particularly running for the job before Hillary's bid in 2008, and despite her well known name she lost to a relatively unknown Senator Obama.

If one particular group or other appears un(der)represented in a particular arena it's worth asking whether the cards are stacked against them or they just don't want to be there. I suppose it's also possible that the women in the highest political positions don't want to be the one to stick their head above the parapet and run for the top job in case it costs them credibility if they don't make it, especially if they think the electorate isn't ready to elect a woman. Maybe there are some women out there who will see what happens to Hillary's campaign (since she's stuck her head over the parapet twice now) and gauge the mood of the electorate where electing a women President is concerned, and then decide whether to have a go in 2020.

Highlander

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I don't honestly think gender has any bearing on whether someone would make a good President or not.

I'm no expert on US politics but from what I can see there are still a lot of questions about Hillary that need to be answered - the two that come to mind are the Benghazi incident and the whole thing about using a personal email server for official business.

All that said I really hope if her election bid does go anywhere people vote for/against her based on her politics and not her gender. "It's about time we had a female President" isn't a reason to elect any one particular women if her politics aren't right. One thing I remember from my (limited) exposure to the campaigning for the Democrat nomination in the 2008 elections was getting a strong impression that Hillary's campaign seemed to carry a message of "it's time for a woman President, I'm a woman, so vote for me" while Obama's campaign seemed to say "we've never had a black President, I happen to be black, but support me for my politics and not my skin color".

I don't get a vote so what I think of any of the candidates isn't really relevant.

Ironically, Hillary is running AGAIN with a platform comment of "Don't you think it's time we had a woman president?"

To me, gender is not all that important. But other nations around the world who we must deal with -- nations run by dictators & other thugs -- are all men and have lowly feelings about females and may not completely respect a woman who is POTUS.

With that said, however, I would vote for Carly or Sarah or Michelle in a heartbeat to be our president. Because they are strong conservatives and have the balls to do whatever is necessary for the benefit of the country -- and not for their political and/or personal aspirations.

ImaginaryDay2

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Yes
A disgraced Secretary of State with the Benghazi debacle and e-mail scandal to back her up? Sure, let's get Hillary(ous) in. I don't think we have a woman who is capable yet. I'm not saying that a female can't be President, just that there isn't one who is prepared.
As soon as the primaries start, and Trump gets laughed out of town, we'll see who she'll be up against. My money is on Jeb Bush. That might just be an interesting race.

tango

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Ironically, Hillary is running AGAIN with a platform comment of "Don't you think it's time we had a woman president?"

Given her experience in government I would have thought she'd have more class than that. Maybe she really does think people will vote for her based on her gender rather than her politics.

To me, gender is not all that important. But other nations around the world who we must deal with -- nations run by dictators & other thugs -- are all men and have lowly feelings about females and may not completely respect a woman who is POTUS.

Perhaps, but electing someone based on what other nations might think of them seems short sighted. Some men have dated views of women but we wouldn't resist having a black President because some national leaders might be racist, or a gay President because some national leaders disapprove of homosexuality.

With that said, however, I would vote for Carly or Sarah or Michelle in a heartbeat to be our president. Because they are strong conservatives and have the balls to do whatever is necessary for the benefit of the country -- and not for their political and/or personal aspirations.

I'm not familiar with those candidates but it sounds like you'd be quite happy with a female President in general, just not Hillary?

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Definitely not Hillary, to much baggage I think.

Top Bottom