Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I do not believe that women should be pastors because of how God purposely set us apart as man and woman and used the connection of Bride and Groom specifically. There are other such references as well but I am going in a different direction with this.

What roles in the Church life do you believe women should have? What roles shouldn't they have?

I believe that women can be deaconesses, can lead other women in bible study but shouldn't "teach" men (boys are fine), but I'm still trying to work it through whether I think women should be doing the readings of scripture within the church service.

dogs4thewin

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
I see nothing wrong with them doing readings. After all, a pastor and a preacher are different things. If someone is saying about them speaking in church; in that case I would think they should not be singing or anything else in church.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I do not believe that women should be pastors because of how God purposely set us apart as man and woman and used the connection of Bride and Groom specifically. There are other such references as well but I am going in a different direction with this.

What roles in the Church life do you believe women should have? What roles shouldn't they have?

I believe that women can be deaconesses, can lead other women in bible study but shouldn't "teach" men (boys are fine), but I'm still trying to work it through whether I think women should be doing the readings of scripture within the church service.
And if there are no men to fill those roles? Have you ever heard a woman who was annointed as a teacher or preacher? My take is that God will use who He will and that women are used because men do not want the responsibility or else they are not called.

dogs4thewin

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Single
And if there are no men to fill those roles? Have you ever heard a woman who was annointed as a teacher or preacher? My take is that God will use who He will and that women are used because men do not want the responsibility or else they are not called.
Remember, though that teacher and preacher are different. While you are right sometimes a group will have no pastor, but as for not having teachers there is a difference.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
A woman can teach, preach, and read from the holy scriptures but not as a deacon or a priest nor usurp the order that God established in the Church.

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Men have a better reception when men say the same thing.

Top Bottom