Stravinsk

Composer and Artist on Flat Earth
Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Came across this video recently, and was wondering what people's thoughts were on it.

Personally, I thought it was fascinating to watch, at the same time, I didn't get any pleasure at the ending, and I thought it should have been handled privately. So my inner voice is screaming at me for being a hypocrite for providing more public attention to it by posting it here :p

I fully agree with the guy's stance, and while I don't doubt the female's sincerity at the moment and her sorrow, I also think that it is temporal and her dominant character would betray him in marriage, once she had what she wanted from him, given her choices within the relationship prior to this.

I had a work friend years ago that this exact same thing happened to him. Another female work friend defended his long term girlfriend empathizing with her that maybe she just needed to "see what was out there" before making a commitment. In other words, looking for a possible better deal (more money? more social status? better looking?) before she "settles" for "what she can get". Pathetic, imo. If someone is not "good enough" for you - don't be with them in the first place.

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
? not even going to watch it ... i only clicked on it because i thought" what on earth kind of thread title is this on a christian forum."?

this is some cheesy secular radio jerry springer style rubbish im guessing -and here i thought we are on a "christian forum " not a gossip column

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
? not even going to watch it ... i only clicked on it because i thought" what on earth kind of thread title is this on a christian forum."?

this is some cheesy secular radio jerry springer style rubbish im guessing -and here i thought we are on a "christian forum " not a gossip column

Good. Your pretentious "Christian input" isn't wanted then. Go away and tell someone else they are not as Christian as you. I'm asking the opinion of persons who actually watch the video, not people who want to define their religion by how they practice contempt prior to investigation and judging content by a title. In case you didn't notice - this is the life and relationships section - that's pretty broad - and the subject as it relates to Christianity or morals in general is that of infidelity in relationships, character assessment and the decisions about marriage made in the light of them. The way the radio presenters go about this may be distastefully done in the pretense presented, but I didn't post it for shock value.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Should have been ahndled privately and that is in very poor taste. I agree with the Jerry Springer type show, would not ever listen to that

Stravinsk

Religious Affiliation
Deist
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
Should have been ahndled privately and that is in very poor taste. I agree with the Jerry Springer type show, would not ever listen to that

We agree that it should have been handled privately.

What do you think of the guy's decision to break up with his girlfriend of 5 years? Good choice? Did she just make a mistake or is it indicative of a dominant feature of her character?

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Hard to rebuild trust after that

Top Bottom