Australian news reports 45 gun killing events in educational institutions this year.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Australian news reports 45 gun killing events in educational institutions this year.

Makes one wonder what needs to be done to stop it.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Teachers need to carry guns, make someoje think twice about it

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Teachers need to carry guns, make someoje think twice about it

All 45 events were in the USA; surely some states have gun toting teachers.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
They may buit not to my knowledge

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes

Makes one wonder what needs to be done to stop it.

Interesting, because US President Obama JUST STATED that these shootings "don't happen elsewhere." Maybe someone in Australia needs to inform him - he seems entirely, wholly unaware of shootings elsewhere - especially those at educational facilities. All the news agencies here in the USA seem unaware of any shootings at schools outside the USA, too.

Pax

- Josiah

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Interesting, because US President Obama JUST STATED that these shootings "don't happen elsewhere." Maybe someone in Australia needs to inform him - he seems entirely, wholly unaware of shootings elsewhere - especially those at educational facilities. All the news agencies here in the USA seem unaware of any shootings at schools outside the USA, too.
Pax
- Josiah

I am sorry, I did not spell it out fully. The 45 incidents all occurred in the USA. None in Australia.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
It's not simple.

As I understand it, the District of Columbia has among the most strict gun laws in the USA - but the highest death by gun shot rate in the country. Montana has among the loosest gun laws, yet least problems. I'm not sure LAW is the problem, at least not the whole of it.

I don't own a gun (i've never even HELD a gun - at all, for any reason - in my life). On the other hand, two very close friends do own guns (in fact, one is a licensed concealed gun person - he has a gun hidden on his person most of the time). I not only in no way fear them, but I'd PRAY for one of the them to be around should some threat come..... And, if laws were so tough that these GOOD people could not have a gun, only BAD law breakers thus having guns, I would live in greater fear.

Life occasionally takes me to Mexico, which has among the most strict gun laws in the world, and where MANY are shoot to death in the streets every day.... I often fear in that country. I don't fear much in Montana...

I'm not in favor of anyone having any gun..... on the other hand, taking reasonable guns away from good, responsible persons IMO doesn't make the world safer. I wonder how many of those 45 cases were done by people who illegally owned a gun, the law in no way preventng what happened - only perhaps making it impossible to stop them until enough cops (WITH GUNS) showed up (several deaths later)?

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
since we cant read minds and know the mental state of someone gun laws will do nothing to protecting people. Only those who have a documented ccase of mental illeness would be prevented from buying a gun and how would we determine that, what if someone no longer wass depressed etc? And of course if someone were determied to buy a gun they could. I can go out right now and buy one if I wanted woithout a background check or any other check. It is not hard, you just need money

Top Bottom