Ok I am Catholic BUT

Godiva219

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
I am Catholic but the fact that I attend another religious Church.. only because they welcome me into their church at the door and make me feel comfortable when I do enter.. The other church is a Christian Church..but somehow the Catholic churches don't make me feel that way.. I enjoy listening to their music/singing .. the church has these two big screens on each side of the stage where where the people can see from the back.. The Catholic church only has the handshake in the middle of the mass .. as you walk out of the Catholic chruch you get the man standing in the back passing out the church bulletin ... the other Christian church has people talking to you .. asking you to attend their small breakfast area.. etc.. This is so sad for the Catholic church .. many of the rules that are in effect during these modern times have really gotten people to leave the church...

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
I am Catholic but the fact that I attend another religious Church.. only because they welcome me into their church at the door and make me feel comfortable when I do enter.. The other church is a Christian Church..but somehow the Catholic churches don't make me feel that way.. I enjoy listening to their music/singing .. the church has these two big screens on each side of the stage where where the people can see from the back.. The Catholic church only has the handshake in the middle of the mass .. as you walk out of the Catholic chruch you get the man standing in the back passing out the church bulletin ... the other Christian church has people talking to you .. asking you to attend their small breakfast area.. etc.. This is so sad for the Catholic church .. many of the rules that are in effect during these modern times have really gotten people to leave the church...

Does your other church have a liturgical service?

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
I was baptized Catholic but prefer more modern churches.

Godiva219

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Marital Status
Widow/Widower
I was baptized Catholic but prefer more modern churches.

I think that is the exact way I feel.. I think the Catholic church needs a new review.. they need to change some of the OLD teachings... because I feel more and more people are leaving and looking for others

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
I think that is the exact way I feel.. I think the Catholic church needs a new review.. they need to change some of the OLD teachings... because I feel more and more people are leaving and looking for others

I feel very uncomfortable at the Catholic Church for those reasons.

Tallguy88

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I'm sorry you feel spirituall dry at Mass. Have you tried different parishes or Mass times? There can be a lot of variation.

ctayus

Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I'm Lutheran and I've been to Mass before. When I need peace there is a convent in my area out in the sticks, its peaceful and I've attended Mass there before

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
For peace I go to the campground

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I'm Catholic and I like to go to mass. I don't visit the worship meetings of the denominations and independent groups. I prefer liturgy :)

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
For peace I go to the campground

I sit on my doorstep and pray; I have a wonderful book of prayers that always helps to set the tone of my prayers when I am sitting there listening to the wind and the bird song and watching the clouds drift by and the insects scurry around on the ground and some flying by. It's a wonderful way to start the day. But for the most profound peace I go to mass and receive holy communion because there's always something very beautiful and comforting about receiving Christ.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I commune with God out there I fast and pray and just talk to God. I to love communion as I find the same peace and holiness there as well

Top Bottom