Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
Trump stated that he could shoot someone on the street - and it would not cause his poll numbers to go down.

But Iowa proved a surprise, the results quite different than the polls predicted.
Cruz did better - and won.
Trump did far worse than all the polls suggested - and came in second
Rubio did FAR, FAR better - and came in third, nearly beating out Trump; second and third were very close.

Now... I admit.... Iowa has often surprised the pundents. And very few of the good people of Iowa actually participate in these things. And the winner has FAILED to go on to get the nomination every time since 1980. But I think this still significant: Trump simply "underperformed" significantly when it comes to real votes; the hype didn't seem to produce the results. But I think the biggest surprise here (to all but Trumps ego - which I'm sure will survive even if an H bomb were thrown at it) was Rubio.

I've always been amazed at how Rubio didn't seem to be doing well in the polls. Rubio shined in nearly all of the 7 debates - and then seemed to be forgotten (at least in the polls). Maybe the polls have just missed it. Rubio came in less that one percentage point under Trump!

What these early votes tend to do is perhaps not so much designate a winner - as designate the loosers. Candidates tend to drop out after the first 2 or 3 of these (two did last night alone). Indeed, besides the top three - all the rest of the crop (and it's a long list) all did single digits, most LOW single digits, some considered major contenders (and STILL with LOTS of money and major organization). If those very low performers don't do double digits in New Hampshire, I suspect more drop outs. I suspect it could quickly become a 3 man race. Who will "inherit" their supporters? I suspect all of it will go to Rubio. If he only got half of it, it would put him on top.

Your thoughts?

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Anyone but Trump

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I think New Hampshire will thin the herd.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
I don't watch this stuff on tv. Not the democratic or republican functions. It's just too boring to me. CNN is constantly having Trump on their shows and I'm so tired of seeing him I could die! lol

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I don't watch this stuff on tv. Not the democratic or republican functions. It's just too boring to me. CNN is constantly having Trump on their shows and I'm so tired of seeing him I could die! lol

You know he brags that he does not have to buy political ads because he is continuously on the news shows. I think after he loses in New Hampshire he will drop out. Then maybe people will not be seeing him so much because he will become as irrelevant as Sara Palin.

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
You know he brags that he does not have to buy political ads because he is continuously on the news shows. I think after he loses in New Hampshire he will drop out. Then maybe people will not be seeing him so much because he will become as irrelevant as Sara Palin.

That would be nice but I fear having a President Trump. lol

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married

Highlander

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Trump stated that he could shoot someone on the street - and it would not cause his poll numbers to go down.

But Iowa proved a surprise, the results quite different than the polls predicted.
Cruz did better - and won.
Trump did far worse than all the polls suggested - and came in second
Rubio did FAR, FAR better - and came in third, nearly beating out Trump; second and third were very close.

Now... I admit.... Iowa has often surprised the pundents. And very few of the good people of Iowa actually participate in these things. And the winner has FAILED to go on to get the nomination every time since 1980. But I think this still significant: Trump simply "underperformed" significantly when it comes to real votes; the hype didn't seem to produce the results. But I think the biggest surprise here (to all but Trumps ego - which I'm sure will survive even if an H bomb were thrown at it) was Rubio.

I've always been amazed at how Rubio didn't seem to be doing well in the polls. Rubio shined in nearly all of the 7 debates - and then seemed to be forgotten (at least in the polls). Maybe the polls have just missed it. Rubio came in less that one percentage point under Trump!

What these early votes tend to do is perhaps not so much designate a winner - as designate the loosers. Candidates tend to drop out after the first 2 or 3 of these (two did last night alone). Indeed, besides the top three - all the rest of the crop (and it's a long list) all did single digits, most LOW single digits, some considered major contenders (and STILL with LOTS of money and major organization). If those very low performers don't do double digits in New Hampshire, I suspect more drop outs. I suspect it could quickly become a 3 man race. Who will "inherit" their supporters? I suspect all of it will go to Rubio. If he only got half of it, it would put him on top.

Your thoughts?

As Brit Hume said last night, in paraphrase, "Iowa doesn't pick many winners, but it sure picks a lot of losers." LOL

In reality, Trump started out in Iowa against his advisers' wishes because the people in that state are not the types who would vote for him. And he started off the Iowa campaign in last place. But he ended up coming in 2nd and still took 7 delegates as opposed to Cruz' 8 delegates.

So Trump is actually in pretty good shape, although the Iowa vote did destroy the image of Trump's invincibility. He still has to be considered the easy favorite to win the nomination.

I don't really mind because my top two choices are Trump & Cruz. Either would probably make a great president.

Brighten04

Religious Affiliation
Protestant
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Sore loser Trump! Temper tantrum Trump.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-accuses-cruz-stealing-iowa-caucuses-fraud-160953160.html
Trump accuses Cruz of stealing Iowa caucuses through 'fraud'
By Amy Tennery,Reuters 2 hours 15 minutes ago

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump on Wednesday accused rival Ted Cruz of stealing a victory in the Iowa caucuses and called for another vote or nullification of Cruz's win.

Trump, who finished second behind Cruz, lit up Twitter on Wednesday with a series of posts saying the outcome was tainted because the Cruz campaign had deliberately spread misinformation about Trump's stand on Obamacare and an erroneous report that Ben Carson was dropping out of the race.

Trump had gone into Monday's caucus voting ahead of the Texas senator by five percentage points in a key poll but Cruz ended up winning, four points ahead of the New York billionaire.

"Ted Cruz didn't win Iowa, he stole it," Trump (@realDonaldTrump) tweeted. "That is why all of the polls were so wrong and why he got far more votes than anticipated. Bad!"

Several social media users tweeted screengrabs of an alleged deleted tweet from Trump's official account, in which he said Cruz "illegally" stolen the vote.

"Based on the fraud committed by Senator Ted Cruz during the Iowa caucus, either a new election should take place or Cruz results nullified," Trump wrote.

In another tweet, Trump said Cruz had lied about his opinion of President Barack Obama's healthcare program.

"And finally, Cruz strongly told thousands of caucusgoers (voters) that Trump was strongly in favor of ObamaCare and 'choice' - a total lie!" he said.

Cruz had apologized to Carson on Tuesday because of an email from his campaign before the caucuses, which are the crucial first vote in the U.S. presidential nominating process.

"The press is reporting that Dr. Ben Carson is taking time off from the campaign trail after Iowa and making a big announcement next week," the Cruz email read, according to CNN. "Please inform any Carson caucusgoers of this news and urge them to caucus for Ted Cruz."

"Many people voted for Cruz over Carson because of this Cruz fraud," Trump tweeted.

Wednesday afternoon, Cruz responded to Trump's Twitter rant.

"Yet another #Trumpertantrum," Cruz (@tedcruz) wrote in a retweet of one of Trump's posts. "@realDonaldTrump very angry w/the people of Iowa. They actually looked at his record."

Carson had tweeted his feelings about the Iowa vote on Tuesday.

"Shameless tactics & dirty political plays defined yesterdays #iacaucus," he said, using a popular hashtag to refer to the voting. "There is no place for this kind of behavior."

(Reporting By Amy Tennery; Additional reporting by Melissa Fares; Editing by Bill Trott)

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Trump is a big baby!

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
Trump was ahead in the polls for Iowa. Trump stated he could shoot a person dead and it would not lower his ratings. Trump insisted he'd win in Iowa.

He lost.

Now he's whining he wants a "re-do."

Amazing..... WHY, pray tell, does this guy appeal to people?? I'm scratching my head.....

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
What he needs is a good dose ofreality without the whining

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Trump was ahead in the polls for Iowa. Trump stated he could shoot a person dead and it would not lower his ratings. Trump insisted he'd win in Iowa.

He lost.

Now he's whining he wants a "re-do."

Amazing..... WHY, pray tell, does this guy appeal to people?? I'm scratching my head.....

He sure is an egomaniac!

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
So, let's say that Trump does win. What happens to the country?

Ruth

Religious Affiliation
Unitarian
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
So, let's say that Trump does win. What happens to the country?

Well, I'm not sure because he does have to deal with Congress and the Senate in making decisions.

Highlander

Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
May God have mercy upon us.
:pray:

God should have mercy on us after what Obama has done to this country over the past 7+ years. But, then again, He usually only helps those who help themselves.

And America did not help itself by electing Obama the first time -- and certainly did not improve things by letting him stay for a second term.

What happens to the country if Trump is elected? I would presume that he will try to undo all the damage that Obama has inflicted on the USA.

But, as Charles Krauthammer put it, it might take a whole generation to dig out from under the Obama presidency.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I doubt we are going to have to worry about it after whoever the next president is but Trump would be a disaster

Lamb

God's Lil Lamb
Community Team
Administrator
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
God should have mercy on us after what Obama has done to this country over the past 7+ years. But, then again, He usually only helps those who help themselves.

And America did not help itself by electing Obama the first time -- and certainly did not improve things by letting him stay for a second term.

What happens to the country if Trump is elected? I would presume that he will try to undo all the damage that Obama has inflicted on the USA.

But, as Charles Krauthammer put it, it might take a whole generation to dig out from under the Obama presidency.

Do you think the government would give Trump the power to make changes if he attempted to undo the things Obama did? I know there are a lot of changes I'd like to see.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Do you think the government would give Trump the power to make changes if he attempted to undo the things Obama did? I know there are a lot of changes I'd like to see.
I dont think we would have toworry about it with his finger on the button, I dont think it would be six months we would be at war with someone if not going nuclear. Trump if elected would be disasterous

Top Bottom