Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Acceptance of the Trinity & Nicene Creed
Yes
The idea of this thread is to see how far we can get in constructing a religion by means of agreeing on doctrines that are to be included in a confession, creed, or statement of faith that defines the religion's stance on everything that seems important.

Build your own religion ... using orthodox Christian beliefs ...

I'll start with these statements:
The true and received Faith is this, that we worship one God in Trinity and Trinity in Unity. Neither confounding the Persons, nor dividing the Substance. For there is one Person of the Father, another of the Son, and another of the Holy Ghost. But the Godhead of the Father, of the Son and of the Holy Ghost is all One, the Glory Equal, the Majesty Co-Eternal. Such as the Father is, such is the Son, and such is the Holy Ghost. The Father Uncreate, the Son Uncreate, and the Holy Ghost Uncreate. The Father Incomprehensible, the Son Incomprehensible, and the Holy Ghost Incomprehensible. The Father Eternal, the Son Eternal, and the Holy Ghost Eternal and yet they are not Three Eternals but One Eternal. As also there are not Three Uncreated, nor Three Incomprehensibles, but One Uncreated, and One Incomprehensible. So likewise the Father is Almighty, the Son Almighty, and the Holy Ghost Almighty. And yet they are not Three Almighties but One Almighty.

So the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Ghost is God. And yet they are not Three Gods, but One God. So likewise the Father is Lord, the Son Lord, and the Holy Ghost Lord. And yet not Three Lords but One Lord. For, like as we are compelled by the Christian truth to acknowledge every Person by Himself to be God and Lord, so are we forbidden by the true and received Faith to say, there be Three Gods or Three Lords. The Father is made of none, neither created, nor begotten. The Son is of the Father alone; not made, nor created, but begotten. The Holy Ghost is of the Father, and of the Son neither made, nor created, nor begotten, but proceeding.

So there is One Father, not Three Fathers; one Son, not Three Sons; One Holy Ghost, not Three Holy Ghosts. And in this Trinity none is afore or after Other, None is greater or less than Another, but the whole Three Persons are Co-eternal together, and Co-equal. So that in all things, as is aforesaid, the Unity in Trinity, and the Trinity in Unity, is to be worshipped. He therefore that will be saved, must thus think of the Trinity.​

Last edited:

Alithis

Religious Affiliation
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Already done..sounds like oneness doctrines.

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
I believe in the infinity of God and His manifestations are more than 3. After all He is a consuming fire. He was in the burning bush. He was in the cloud leading the Israelite. He visited Abraham.

Josiah

simul justus et peccator
Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Lutheran
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes
The idea of this thread is to see how far we can get in constructing a religion by means of agreeing on doctrines that are to be included in a confession, creed, or statement of faith that defines the religion's stance on everything that seems important.

Build your own religion ... using orthodox Christian beliefs ...

I'll start with these statements:
The true and received Faith is this, that we worship one God in Trinity and Trinity in Unity. Neither confounding the Persons, nor dividing the Substance. For there is one Person of the Father, another of the Son, and another of the Holy Ghost. But the Godhead of the Father, of the Son and of the Holy Ghost is all One, the Glory Equal, the Majesty Co-Eternal. Such as the Father is, such is the Son, and such is the Holy Ghost. The Father Uncreate, the Son Uncreate, and the Holy Ghost Uncreate. The Father Incomprehensible, the Son Incomprehensible, and the Holy Ghost Incomprehensible. The Father Eternal, the Son Eternal, and the Holy Ghost Eternal and yet they are not Three Eternals but One Eternal. As also there are not Three Uncreated, nor Three Incomprehensibles, but One Uncreated, and One Incomprehensible. So likewise the Father is Almighty, the Son Almighty, and the Holy Ghost Almighty. And yet they are not Three Almighties but One Almighty.

So the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Ghost is God. And yet they are not Three Gods, but One God. So likewise the Father is Lord, the Son Lord, and the Holy Ghost Lord. And yet not Three Lords but One Lord. For, like as we are compelled by the Christian truth to acknowledge every Person by Himself to be God and Lord, so are we forbidden by the true and received Faith to say, there be Three Gods or Three Lords. The Father is made of none, neither created, nor begotten. The Son is of the Father alone; not made, nor created, but begotten. The Holy Ghost is of the Father, and of the Son neither made, nor created, nor begotten, but proceeding.

So there is One Father, not Three Fathers; one Son, not Three Sons; One Holy Ghost, not Three Holy Ghosts. And in this Trinity none is afore or after Other, None is greater or less than Another, but the whole Three Persons are Co-eternal together, and Co-equal. So that in all things, as is aforesaid, the Unity in Trinity, and the Trinity in Unity, is to be worshipped. He therefore that will be saved, must thus think of the Trinity.​

Probably 99% of Christian denominations accept the Trinity.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Probably 99% of Christian denominations accept the Trinity.

Yes, but how many of the people in those denominations accept the Blessed Trinity? Can we, here in CH, agree that the doctrine of the Holy Trinity is what we believe and want to see taught in our religion?

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Who is blessing this trinity?

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Who is blessing this trinity?

All creation does.
(Genesis 9:26) And he said, Blessed be the LORD God of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.

(Genesis 14:20) And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.

(Genesis 24:27) And he said, Blessed be the LORD God of my master Abraham, who hath not left destitute my master of his mercy and his truth: I being in the way, the LORD led me to the house of my master's brethren.

(Exodus 18:10) And Jethro said, Blessed be the LORD, who hath delivered you out of the hand of the Egyptians, and out of the hand of Pharaoh, who hath delivered the people from under the hand of the Egyptians.
Above are some examples.

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Yes, but how many of the people in those denominations accept the Blessed Trinity? Can we, here in CH, agree that the doctrine of the Holy Trinity is what we believe and want to see taught in our religion?
Lets just agree that most believe in the trinity and quit trying to make converts

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes

psalms 91

Valued Contributor
Supporting Member
Religious Affiliation
Charismatic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
Judging by the wording I would say that the poster wants us all to be good Catholics

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Judging by the wording I would say that the poster wants us all to be good Catholics

This is a build your own religion thread; let's see where we land.

visionary

Religious Affiliation
Messianic
Political Affiliation
Conservative
Marital Status
Married
All creation does.
(Genesis 9:26) And he said, Blessed be the LORD God of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.

(Genesis 14:20) And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.

(Genesis 24:27) And he said, Blessed be the LORD God of my master Abraham, who hath not left destitute my master of his mercy and his truth: I being in the way, the LORD led me to the house of my master's brethren.

(Exodus 18:10) And Jethro said, Blessed be the LORD, who hath delivered you out of the hand of the Egyptians, and out of the hand of Pharaoh, who hath delivered the people from under the hand of the Egyptians.
Above are some examples.
Oh... I thought you were talking about blessing the trinity.. these verses bless God the Father.

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Can we agree on their being one creator GOD and Christ being the way to him?

What about universal reconsiliation?

@more coffee

I like the idea, we'll have to keep in mind that we aren't to divide on smaller issues. Surly all Christians can agree that Christ is the way and the God we worship and aim to follow is one of love, Grace and mercy.

Peace, this could get interesting.

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Oh... I thought you were talking about blessing the trinity.. these verses bless God the Father.

One cannot bless God without blessing the Blessed Trinity.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Can we agree on their being one creator GOD and Christ being the way to him?

What about universal reconsiliation?

@more coffee

I like the idea, we'll have to keep in mind that we aren't to divide on smaller issues. Surly all Christians can agree that Christ is the way and the God we worship and aim to follow is one of love, Grace and mercy.

Peace, this could get interesting.

I am hoping that we (the community here on CH) will be able to formulate a fairly good creed/statement-of-faith. So far we are having trouble affirming the doctrine of the Holy Trinity. Let's see how we go.

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am hoping that we (the community here on CH) will be able to formulate a fairly good creed/statement-of-faith. So far we are having trouble affirming the doctrine of the Holy Trinity. Let's see how we go.
Is that the only way you're going to consider it feasible? I know you're Catholic and think there are three seperate entities that make one GOD, but not all believe that.

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
Is that the only way you're going to consider it feasible? I know you're Catholic and think there are three separate entities that make one GOD, but not all believe that.

The first post in this thread specifically says that there is only one God not three. And that there are not three separate entities in the one God. Have a look at the first post again and see what it says. It is intended to help rather than hinder agreement.

popsthebuilder

Religious Affiliation
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The first post in this thread specifically says that there is only one God not three.
I'm not hairpin on you brother. I know your stance and think it shouldn't be a dividing point in the least.
We both believe in GOD. We both know that the Christ and the Holy Spirit are of GOD. Any further splitting of hairs is counterproductive. Jesus is the messiah. We should all be able to agree on that point at least, being Christians.

So what about universal reconsiliation by way of the Christ? It seems verified in scripture to me. Anyone else, or am I all by my lonesome?

I really do think this is a quality exercise. If the few of us can agree to some point, on perhaps the basics then perhaps many can be saved before the end. That's another thing; not nessicarily a must for this mock creed, but aren't we, as Christians supposed to be trying to help all we can, without discrimination, towards the saving grace of GOD, by way of the Christ. If we can keep that in mind then perhaps it will help to check tempers at the door in order for productive conversation to insue.

Peace

MoreCoffee

Valued Contributor
Religious Affiliation
Catholic
Political Affiliation
Moderate
Marital Status
Single
Yes
I'm not hairpin on you brother. I know your stance and think it shouldn't be a dividing point in the least.
We both believe in GOD. We both know that the Christ and the Holy Spirit are of GOD. Any further splitting of hairs is counter-productive. Jesus is the messiah. We should all be able to agree on that point at least, being Christians.

So what about universal reconciliation by way of the Christ? It seems verified in scripture to me. Anyone else, or am I all by my lonesome?

I really do think this is a quality exercise. If the few of us can agree to some point, on perhaps the basics then perhaps many can be saved before the end. That's another thing; not necessarily a must for this mock creed, but aren't we, as Christians supposed to be trying to help all we can, without discrimination, towards the saving grace of GOD, by way of the Christ. If we can keep that in mind then perhaps it will help to check tempers at the door in order for productive conversation to ensue.

Peace

If by universal reconciliation you mean that the Lord Jesus Christ died for the benefit of all men and that all who embrace him through faith in him will receive his blessings and assurance of final salvation provided that they remain faithful then we agree.

Top Bottom